COVID-19 Simulation Models and Other Resources

I am moving the COVID-19 News and Resources section of the Weekly WPI System Dynamics Digest here to reduce the size of the digest and focus on just new/upcoming material in that. [Note: Some of the examples below are not of system dynamics models.]

Hi Everybody,

I am new to the Systems Dynamics Scoiety. I am doing research as part of my PhD that uses a hybrid ‘Community Action Design Research’ to get up close to the phenomenon of crisis or turbulence in a socio-material environment. My research instruments sense and respond to fractal patterns in the built, human and socio-ecological environment. In turn, I use an IS design science and systems thinking lens to monitor and control the enactments of pro-social behavior being generated in response to the turbulence within the environment.

If you would like to chat please let me know.

Regan

Data: OPTIC-Vetted Policy Data Sets | RAND

SIAM Task Force Report on Future Research Directions for NSF in the Era of COVID-19

System Dynamics Helps to Tackle COVID
from the UK Chapter of the System Dynamics Society’s 2021 Winter Newsletter

I thought I would be able to edit the first post…need to rethink how to organize/display/share these links.

Navid Ghaffarzadegan published “Simulation-based what-if analysis for controlling the spread of Covid-19 in universities”

Alberto Stanislao Atzori, Busra Atamer, and Antonio Gallo’s “The Dairy Herd Model: Opportunities From the SMART-ET COVID 19 Project” presentation

NC State University’s COVID-19 Research

• The Joint Impact of COVID-19 Vaccination and Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions on Infections, Hospitalizations, and Mortality: An Agent-Based Simulation

• Presentation of the model to be uploaded

Video presentations:

Papers

Papers

Slides

• (Various Methods) “Forecasts to Surveillance - The MaineHealth COVID-19 Response” by Jordan Peck, Mohit Shukla, Linda Adwan, Motahareh
    Tavakolikashi, Gavin Welch, and David Clark. The Maine Health team compared various models and found that curve fitting and control charts were more useful for real time forecasting and practical operations planning than more complex models

Events

Other Resources

• National Academy of Medicine’s consensus studies on 1) Vaccine Research & Development, 2) Vaccine Distribution & Supply Chain, 3) Public Health Interventions & Countermeasures and 4) Global Coordination, Partnerships, & Financing

Correction: I forgot that daylight savings time begins March 14th
AnyLogic’s “Webinar: COVID-19 Mass Vaccination Program from Applied Simulation and AI”

• Thu, Mar 18th 3PM - 4PM UTC // 11AM - Noon (Boston time)

“Simulated Identification of Silent COVID-19 Infections Among Children and Estimated Future Infection Rates With Vaccination” by Seyed M. Moghadas, Meagan C. Fitzpatrick, Affan Shoukat, Kevin Zhang, and Alison P. Galvani

I just realized that I forgot to put under the COVID discussion in http://bit.ly/SDigest2021-05-09

Oh well. It is in the digest at least.

https://exchange.iseesystems.com/public/isee/covid-19-vaccinations-in-the-usa/index.html#page1

“Cytokine Storms: Simulating the Immune System Response to Covid-19” by Ken Cooper and Raafat Zaini

“Behavioral Dynamics of COVID-19” by Hazhir Rahmandad, John Sterman and Tse Yang Lim

(Machine Learning) “Fighting a Pandemic with Medical Imaging and Machine Learning: Lessons Learned from COVID-19” by Michael Roberts, Derek Driggs, Ian Selby, Evis Sala, and Carola-Bibiane Schönlieb

“Integrating Wastewater Surveillance&Health Data via Cross Leveraged Machine Learning&Dynamic Models” by Nate Osgood

“Adapting an Agent-Based Model of Infectious Disease Spread in an Irish County to COVID-19” by Elizabeth Hunter and John D. Kelleher

(ABM) [News article] “Modeling Finds Relaxing Covid-19 Safety Protocols During Vaccination Period Risky” by Anne Wainscott-Sargent

(Networks) “Changing Community Networks Impact Disease Spread” by Jillian Kunze